*
*
*
Saturday, April 24


i wanna talk abt being single... haha.. i know i know.. its a bit cliche with all this teenage talk abt me loving him and me not being able to take my mind off her and all.. haha.. as u all know.. or probably should know.. i am single n very very.. well.. single.. haha. Actuali, this thing hasn't bothered me for quite a while until i realized tt i am surrounded by girls who are attached n guys who are either attached or wooing a girl. Wa biangz.. i realize how not "in the game" i am..
i mean.. its like.. i remember thinkin in secondary school tt if i had a steady boyfren, it wud be in jc.. u know.. cuz then we'll be able to like study together n all dat.. n i remember one of my teachers telling me tt if u wanna hav bf, find one in jc.. coz by the time u get to uni, all the good guys wud be snapped up. Now.. that scares the SHIT out of me.. it's like.. it's alreadi approaching the end of my JC life n im still SINGLE.. >>OMG<< wat if i go uni and all the good guys are reali all alredi snapped up... (-_-") then i'll have 3 choices. 1) salvage one of the "toxic wastes", 2) go out with a guy whose not fm uni [i seriously dun mind.. in fact i prefer it tt way but my parents dun think i shud do tt..] or 3) be an old maid. wahaha.. pathethic sia..
i dunnolah but suddeny everything around me just amplifies the fact tt im single..
for example, i was wearing a ring ah to school today coz i just bought it n i tot it was reali nice n then my friends were like.. oooh.. who bought it for u.. u got bf meh.. y u buy urself a ring wan... Y? cannot is it? then aftertt i was eating in e canteen with my classmates ah n i jus happened to notice tt most of the girls in class are attached ah. If u tink it doesn get worse, u're wrong.. i went home n was trying to chill out.. so i picked up a copy of "manja", a malay mag tt my mum always buys n guess wat? this month's edition featured the 10 hottest singles in e mly scene... i was like... walao... final straw sia..
haha.. but alas.. there was consolation... for inside the mag, in a very small corner on one of the pages, they gave 7 ways of handling the thot of being single.
1) remember that its better to be single than be with someone who is not loved or does not love. Never believe in the BTN (Better than nothing concept). Its better to be patient n await ur "soulmate" rather than be tra pped with a "cellmate".
2) who says getting attached is tough? getting attached is easy, However, being attached might not be so. Same ol' face over n over again 24/7?
3) maybe its true wat ppl say abt love being a wonderful gift n all.. but if so, why do break-ups exist?
4) Life's not like a fairy tale.. things don't always end with "and they live happily ever after".
5) Being single does not mean tt ur not living a wholesome life.
6) cmon man.. there are many fishes in the pond...
7) if u're single n ur bored, e problem probably lies in U n not e fact tt ur single.
There, haha.. translated mly to english.. tho i added some of my own stuff in.. heehee.. anyways, i was chattin to Layz abt this ting on e bus( i told u, its been haunting me the whole day..), n then she was like.. "Y ah? do u tink we're being too choosy? too perfectionistic? Or are we too comfortable with being single?"
U know wat layz... i tink its e latter.. we are only human n certainly not devoid of the tendency of staying in our comfort zones.. i mean.. when i tink abt it.. being single isnt tt bad afterall... i mean.. even god is single...


Posted by theblackazure @ 1:04:00 AM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com