*
*
*
Tuesday, November 2


boo! (read: u better scream)

oh well.. it's 1 more day to my gee pea paper. urggh. nauseating. anyways, sorry for my ramblings on the earlier post, i do that sometimes.

whoa. today is the big day. the mother of all elections. this year is like the saturation of elections year. Indonesia, Afghanistan, Taiwan.. just to name a few.. and now, the grand finale, the battle of the private parts, "THE BUSH & THE DICK" vs "THE JOHNs". i dunno if i'm gonna be sued for defamation, but then again, i only have like $90 in my bank, so i have nothing much to lose. I'm only trying to be satirical, which is also known as 'trying to be funny'. i don't want to comment any further coz im only 18 and ppl generally think tt my thoughts are worthless.

anw, i was walking around jurong pt tt day and i notice a lot of guys wearing the che guevera t-shirt. ok, i admit, i dunno how to spell his name. but anyways, my question is- why? i mean, these ppl wear prints of malcolm X, mao zedong and ppl like dat, but y doesn't anyone where t'shirts with LKY's face on it? i mean, we ARE Singaporeans rite? and we should be able to connect with OUR own leaders, not those in a whole other continent. maybe it's just me. but i tink it's strange.

we keep complaining abt this and that this and that, but we never stop to think, reflect and be friggin GRATEFUL of what we've been given. The stability and the security amidst the chaos, the education opportunities, our affluence.. the list goes on.. trust me. when we are gently reminded, we pass it off as propaganda. when our boyfriends, sons, husbands and employees are herded off for ns and reservice, we whine and scowl and do other things with our mouths. unpretty things. when GST is increased, we say "why?!!!! why must liddat?!!!"

god. stop. its not easy to run a country. and it's even harder to run a country efficiently. and we must remember tt we have nothing to fall back on. we only have manpower to boast. WE'RE OUR ONLY HOPE. so, once in a while, stop and smell the roses. don't just get pissed because you got pricked by a small thorn. coz, at the end of the day, a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

ps: if u think tt my post was abt propaganda, u're dumb.


Posted by theblackazure @ 11:33:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com