*
*
*
Tuesday, July 26


hey beautifools..

guess wat? im officiali an undergrad... like.. yey. yest we had the freshman welcome.. but ah, even before tt i had a lecture lor... deja vu. like nj sia.

yes... gone are the good ol' nj days.. where all cultural groups get gold for syf and a half-day is declared. problem is, the half day starts at 2pm, and we have to make up for classes we miss on that day... tell me the joy in it? tell me, TELL ME!!!!!!! *drama queen*

sigh, i digress.

the freshman welcome.

Let me just say tt i felt like Hermione on her first day at Hogwarts. We(my friends and i) were seated at the circle since we arrived pretty late (coz we had to attend a lecture, remember?)..

First, there was the arrival of the academic procession.. Dumbledore and company.. yup. Severus Snape, Minerva McGonagall.. u name it. I say they look pretty ridiculous in their outfits.. or gowns.. or robes.. wtv u call it. plus, they had to wear hats too. looked more like a chingay procession to moi.

then there were speeches by some of the deans and profs and presidents .. to be quite honest, i didnt reali listen coz i was so fascinated by the tassles hanging fm their hats, happily swinging away as talked. ok. maybe fascinated wasnt the right word. more like... distracted.

then we had to put our gowns on and recite a pledge, just like the freshies in the sorceror's stone.. and ya! they even gave us our very own magic wands! cept tt this one was made of acrylic and 3 coloured LEDS.... ok... fine. they gave us lightsticks. after the pledge they "offed" the lights and we had to turn on our lightsticks in a "light up ceremony". apparently its some sort of tradition.. but i have to say, it kinda makes up for my lack of ndp experience.

so, here i am, with a wand in hand, ready to take on this big hoohah they call uni life.

"Petrificus Totalus!"


Posted by theblackazure @ 11:12:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com