*
*
*
Sunday, January 8


yes.. its still raining.

its been raining since i woke up this morning.. (slept thru subuh.. sheesh..) all the way to right abt now.

but, instead of whining abt how its so cold it is n how my right nostril is blocked and how i can only breathe in through one nostril at the moment, i'll just make u feel worse by saying how wonderful i feel sitting here in my cute pink socks, sweat pants and pyjama top, sipping freshly made hot chocolate, listening to nice songs and breathing thru one nostril. and blogging of coz. aaaaaaah.... life's a beach.

anw, took a cab this morning.

the driver was babbling on and on abt his life.

i felt like saying...... "eh? tak tanye pon?"

geez.

but anyway, he's a malaysian indian ah. so he speaks fluent malay. the conversation (or rather, the monologue) started off with him asking me if tuesday is a public holiday. so i said (unenthusiastically) "yeah. hari raya haji." then he was like.. "good good.. then i can hold on to this taxi until tuesday".

as it turns out, he has been owe-ing rent to the cab company for abt 8 weeks or so. and he plans to let the cab be repossessed and switch back to driving a comfort cab, to which he also owes $1800. according to him, money has been tight since his wife had to have a bypass surgery. since he's malaysian, he had to pay $18 000 cash for the operation. moreover, he himself is undergoing hospital treatments for his chest pains.

i heard his coughing. sounds vey pneumonia-ish.. like.. liquidish like dat.. i tink u know wat i mean.

then he was telling me how he has evaded the "repossessors" by parking his cab somewhere else(somewhere further away from his home). he's planning to go to the comfort cab office to ask for a cab. he said tt he was willing to pay them $1000 cash and the other $800 tt he owes, in instalments. so its sort of a "gali lobang, tutup lobang" thing (dig a hole to cover the other).

then he was telling me that he was going to see this bomoh (witchdoctor) today to make him look good for the interview tmr. he went on and on abt how powderful this bomoh is.. how the things always fall into place.. this lah that lah.. n i was thinking... gee.. shud i giv up on studying n go see this bomoh instead? maybe i can get my first class honours tt way. dean's list summore.

rOite.

it fascinates me how these cabbies are willing to flee from one company to the other as their debts pile up. just last sem i was doing the accountancy module, and we were discussing the amount they should allow for uncollectable debts and wat the companies can do to reduce the amount of such debts. and here this guy is, telling me abt the system loopholes. this, is wat oprah would call A FULL CIRCLE MOMENT. damn.. i love tt woman.

the other day, i was watching her show and she was wearing this pair of Pucci-inspired, retro, brown white n dusty blue pair of Manolo Blahniks. 3 n a half inch spiked heels! j'adore!!

yes, i digress.

ANYHOO,

as i further reflected on wat the cabbie told me, i had an epiphany. i mean, no matter how tight money is for us, we can stil take cab (right lalala?).. we dont hav to worry about whether there's rice at home, whether the car shud be sent for servicing.. whether we'll have enough for the children's education.. heck, i dont even worry abt my phone bill.

it makes me realise how easy life is for me.. how sheltered i am.. how fortunate i am to be born in this part of the world.. and how this is gonna be the best time of my life.

it makes me scared of growing up.

oh well. such is life.


Posted by theblackazure @ 11:59:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com