*
*
*
Monday, June 5


"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?"

Juliet cries these words into the night, having just met and fallen in love with Romeo of the Montague family, sworn enemy of her own (Capulet) family. This famous line has been misunderstood through popular history, with comedic interpretations showing Juliet glancing about her garden, looking for her Romeo.

The truth - It is not where, but why, she asks: why are you Romeo and a Montague, my father's enemy? Their love is made impossible by their names, and Juliet ponders this situation from her balcony, "Deny thy father and refuse thy name/Or it thou wilt not be, be but sworn my love,/And I'll no longer be a Capulet."



moving. but will u be willing to give up ur family for "love"? inverted commas coz i still have my doubts.

the presence of her objection can be felt however subtle. maybe to her, this juliet is simply not good enough for dear romeo.

can the modern day romeo n juliet conquer this? i dont know.

for now, happy faces and nonchalance please..






ps: both romeo n juliet died.


Posted by theblackazure @ 1:26:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com