*
*
*
Monday, September 18


Je pense, donc je suis.

Cogito, ergo sum.

I think, therefore i am.

Famed words that resonate from Descartes.

of course, these words were first written as part of his Discourse on Method "paper", if u may allow me to say so, as an argument with himself to establish his "first truth"- to prove the existence/non-existence of the divine.

for me, the words go beyond anything to do with atheism or monotheism, a deceiving god or an evil demon.

these words, more importantly to me, reflect the self.

I think, therefore I am.

i exist because i think. As long as i think i am something, as long as i am able to conceive something, i am here.

but if u think of it, "i think therefore i am" only reflects Descartes' claim to certainty of his own self, not taking into account the minds of others. Was tt intentional? Do u think he felt that taking out other persons from the picture would make his thoughts "pure"?

No doubt, the inclusion of the minds of other persons, no matter how insignificant, would influence the thoughts of self. so, in essence, your interaction with others renders your thoughts marred.

is this, then, the difference between thoughts and perception? that thoughts are in itself, pure forms of self, and perception are thought plus noise and influence.

i believe so.

perception is manipulated, subconsciously or otherwise.

lets just take me, for instance.

has ur perception about me changed lately. i ask because i know deep within some of u, that
"perception", not "thought", is there.

has going blonde change ur perception of me?

at the least, im sure it has. u'd be thinking that i am more daring than u previously thought i was.

of course some have more extreme views than others, thinking tt ive gone wayward and im just some wild chick of sorts. Think again. and i say "think", not "perceive".

Perception, in layman terms can be explained as the way u "see" things. Perhaps that is y there is a tendency to look at somebody and "perceive" something.

maybe its human nature.

but, im sick of that excuse. "its just human nature". its a lame excuse. so rapists have to rape because it is their nature? im sure as human-ity, we could do better than that. tts why we are given brains.. to THINK.

i feel sad when i learn that people's perceptions of me has changed just because of my hair colour. its unfair to me, especially if u didnt know how i got it in the first place. and i know ppl will tell me not to care abt wat these ppl think but how can i not? i've known some of them for more than 5 years already and its just SAD to see that they are not THINKING.

of course i dont give two hoots about ppl who judge me when they dont even know me in the first place. these ppl are just pathetic. wat they shud do is look in the mirror. look hard and THINK whether the way ppl perceive them based on their looks is reali who they are. but then again, i suspect that these are the ppl who do not even know who they reali are. they merely have a perception of themselves.

mascara and lipgloss do nt make one pretty.

and a beard and a skullcap do nt make one pious.

these are just visual aids u use to help ppl "see" who u are. for them to have a perception of u. and u use these visual aids to line ur perception of urself with wat u want others to perceive u as.



i think, therefore i am.

i do not think, therefore i do not exist?


Posted by theblackazure @ 10:30:00 AM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com