*
*
*
Sunday, October 22


Let's get in the mood!

=]

Come come, let Kak Ain teach u the lyrics to this song.

It was one of the earliest Hari Raya songs.. Recorded in the 1960s. This is not the original version.. The original one had like references to firecrackers and wat-nots, not suitable now mah.. so they've updated it.. Nonetheless, its quite nice this version. I've also included a broken english "subtitle". So enjoy & try to sing along!


Selamat Hari Raya (originally sung by Saloma)

Verse 1
Selamat aidil fitri (Happy celebrations)
Kepada saudara serta saudari (To all family & relatives)
Setahun hanya sekali (Every year only once)
Merayakan hari yang mulia ini (Celebrate this blessed day)

Verse 2
Di masa bulan Ramadan (During the month of Ramadan)
Kita berpuasa hingga sebulan (We fast for a month)
Pabila Syawal menjelma (When Syawal* comes around)
Hari raya disambut dengan gembira (Hari raya is celebrated happily)

Miskin kaya memakai baju baru warna-warni (Poor or rich, All wear colourful clothes)
Mengunjungi sanak kaum famili (To visit family and relatives)
Sungguh hebat pemandangan di hari raya ini (What a glorious sight)
Tua muda wajah berseri-seri (Old & young, All the face radiating)

Marilah bergembira (Come, be happy)
Bersama menikmati hari raya (Together enjoy hari raya)
Mintak mak kuih sepotong (Ask mother for a slice of kueh)
Saya mahu makan kerna perut kosong (I want to eat because my stomach empty)

Repeat Verse 1 & 2

Maafkanlah jika ada terlanjur perkataan (I apologise for all my wrong-sayings)
Diharap supaya jangan disimpan (Hope u dont bottle up your feelings)
Kuberdoa selamat panjang umur murah rezeki (I pray for your longevity & prosperity)
Semoga Tuhan akan memberkati (May god bless u)

Selamat hari raya
Hari untuk kita bersuka ria (The day for us to happy2)
Selamat kami ucapkan (We wish you well)
Untuk kita hingga sampai tahun depan (Until we meet again next year)

Selamaaaat haaarii raaaayaaaaaaa!!




Then u must end with jengjengjeng jengjeng jeng jengjengjeng..

Selamat Hari Raya! Happy Public Holiday!

hee3 =]


Posted by theblackazure @ 10:32:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com