*
*
*
Thursday, June 28


im been seriously considering options for my graduation travel (grad trip) next year.

My family's not the type who travels alot, save for the occasional road trip to the thai border, but i've been to a few places (more than all of them combined, believe or not), and i tell u, i love it. i reali tink tt i am the type who can do heavy duty traveling. i mean tink abt it.. if the place does not have halal food, i have no problem eating seafood and vegetables everyday.. i can even eat maggi n milo everyday without feeling too bad abt it. i dun reali go toilet often and i can do with not bathing for a couple of days. hee2. i also dun iron my clothes, so tts not an issue for me.

my concern is primarily safety. i tink its pretty daunting to be in a foreign land, so i guess its pretty good to have 1) a big strong person who can bash up anyone who tries to be funny 2) a street smart person or someone used to traveling, haggling.. stuff like dat.

shud i do go for a travel, i'd avoid the shopping destinations like taiwan, korea or places like dat. even thailand is a bit too tourist-y nowadays. my ideal destinations are places where i can enjoy landscapes tt i wudn otherwise b able to experience, historical (and i mean like realli realii old) places and somewhere where i can enjoy the hospitality of the ppl without constantly having tt feeling of "they're gonna rip me off. they're soo gonna rip me of."

I wanna be able to take boat rides and explore caves and go to their local markets to try some indigenous stuff. things like dat. so i've been entertaining some thoughts abt places like Kerala (my "hometown" in South India), Cambodia, Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Sabah. budget travel is a definite for me. i definitely wont spend anything over 800 bucks for the entire trip. maybe a ballpark budget of $500 (including lodging, transportation, food everything la).

Right now wat i reali wanna do is find some travel buddies who enjoy the same things and are enthusiastic about having an experience tt is reali unique and different. Preferably some of us shud b able to drive so we can rent a car or sthg.. and someone who doesnt mind perfume or powder baths. haha.

so shud any of u guys are interested to join me on this mini adventure, pls do tell me.

otherwise, i'd probably go for a mission trip, i tink they frequently have trips to inner mongolia and the like. the final alternative is to drag my brother and sis-in-law la. which probably wouldn be as fun..

yup! so share my enthusiasm ppl! join me ppl, join me!


Posted by theblackazure @ 3:09:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com