*
*
*
Thursday, August 30


had my first major oh-shit moment this sem. was checking my email account when i saw one which read: PLEASE READ:: You have been selected as a Host for Singapore Fashion Week 2007.

oh shit.

As i double-clicked on that line, i prayed there was some grave error and someone missed the word "not" between the words "have" and "been". seriously, not a cute error to make.

email opens...

dear students,

thank you for your interest in Singapore Fashion Week (SFW) 2007.

We are glad to inform that you have been selected as a host for SFW07.


as if to slap me into consciousness and out of denial, the word host was underlined and bolded. seriously not cute ok..

took me a few seconds to register tt they weren't kidding.. that i had really been selected. and the oh shit feeling just grew immense. no.. the words happy and overjoyed are FAR from how i would describe it. i was just shocked............ but.. but.. how? i seriously, totally, obviuosly blew the interview..

*******

*flashback*

Interviewer: So, could you tell me 3 local designer labels you know?

(Inside my brain: RETRIVE LOCAL DESIGNER INFO.... toot toot toot.... DATA NOT FOUND! DATA NOT FOUND! oooh.. doughnuts.......)

Me: Err.. local.. designers...emm... heehee.. local huh.... designers... hmmm.........................

Interviewer: So you're not familiar with any local labels?

Me: *Sheepish* umm.. y..ye..yeah.. but like.. umm.. i know where they sell them.. dun know their label names.. hee2...

(Guilty conscience goes into overdrive: LIAR! LIAR! U Only buy clothes from THIS Fashion!)

Interviewer: Ok.. what about.. can you tell me the 5 design schools in Singapore?

(Small voice in head: Whoa. Got 5 ah?)

Me: Umm. Laselle.. NAFA.. yup.. and.. and.. you know.. the rest..

*end flashback*
*********

ya balls.. tts how bad the interview went. and im sooooooo not exagerating.. and from the list i saw, there must've been 100 applicants at least.. and i tink about 30 were chosen. so seriously, odds were way beyond and against me man. i was certain i wouldn get it so i threw the schedule they gave away the last time i cleaned my room.

dooood. its fashion fer gdness sake. soooooo not my forte...

but.. for the sake of experience, im up for it. worse come to worse i'll just make the buyers drink themselves silly on Tiger beer and chilli crabs.

but really.. i still cant get over the oh-shitness of this...


Posted by theblackazure @ 1:27:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com