*
*
*
Thursday, November 1


'twas 12..

in the afternoon, when i heard the nice churchy bell sounds resonating from the loudspeakers-thingie on top of the hdb flats that i realised it's already november. and that i havent touched my blog for 3 weeks. how time flies.

perhaps some titbits and morsels of what's been happening in life (and my life) in general, so u can treat them like helping words in ur (lower) primary cloze passage to fill in the blanks.

(1) Al Gore wins the Nobel Prize. my response to that piece of news was a "Seriously?!" ala Izzy Stevens. while the debacle continues over whether or not a politician who flies around the world in his personal gulf-stream while talking abt depleting fossil fuels and global warming due to CO2 emissions should even be nominated for the nobel, pls also note that Yasser Arafat received the same honour once.

(2) Mark Cuban gets kicked off "Dancing with the Stars". Well, who cares. we dont even have the show here. Channel 5 is gonna air Heroes soon with the support of 4 major sponsors. I tink this is after everyone i've known ripped it off the internet and are now watching season 4 online. it just goes to show that channel 5 is poor, or that financial resources are used elsewhere. the widest viewed channel, perhaps.. which happens to be channel 8.

(3) I have become the unofficial "Malay/Indian" face for NBS. yes, i am the cultural representative of the NBS promotional video clips. i have never been led to believe otherwise. and they bought me lunch, from the can B beijing stall, on the day of the shoot.. which also happened to be right smack in the fasting month, which meant tt i couldnt eat in the first place. talk abt cultural sensitivity.. or lack of it.

(4) On completing his mission, Malaysia's first astronaut (who is claimed to be Malay although his name clearly implies that he is an Arab descendant) comes back to earth from the international space station on 21 Oct 07. On the same day, his younger brother walks into a restaurant, walks into a pillar, faints (thus hitting his head on the concrete floor) and died some time later. Sounds like a story out of the "U shitting me!" text, but it is sadly true. reports claim (and dr muzaphar himself said on tv, i saw it) that the brother was the happiest one out of the other 4 brothers when news of the space mission broke. however, on the day of the shuttle's launch, he told his brother that he felt uneasy and told him not to go. do take note that dr muzaphar's re-entry into earth was not smooth, as the capsule was descending too quickly. my parents conclude that the brother had prayed that if anything happened, it would happen to him instead, and god granted his wish. (meaning: it's possible that dr muzaphar should have died instead during his re-entry). i, a strong believer in academics and science, and i, who completely understand the meaning of "too much of a coincidence" cant help but agree with my parents' point of view. perhaps one of God's mysterious way of telling us something. not to be too happy.. or too proud, perhaps. (Boasting or "riak" has always been discouraged by our religion)

(5) Shopped for boots in city plaza with my beloved. lots of boots. no size. sad. =( went home. ordered one from gojane.com. american size. surely can fit. happy =)

retail price, USD 20.99. shipping price, USD 30. bought it anyway coz my beloved wants to pay for it (dont ask me why.. he's just being nice... i think). that makes grand total of USD 50.99. which translates to about S$75. an ok price to pay for such a gorgeous and unique pair. especially ok since im not paying. hee2.
ps: dear beloved, i need a wallet too. Braun Buffel perhaps? kate spade? coach? hee2. =p jk.
pps: anybody who knows anybody going to HK or taiwan or korea, pls tell me.. i wanna order kate spade knock offs..

(6) have had 2 mugging sessions- both semi hard core. will be having some hard core ones in the coming week.

(7) bought 2 new tops and new pair of heels. spent $58.50. the loveliest, fuzziest turqoise sweater from dorothy perkins at $29. (will upload pictures if i feel like it.) also, new green shimmery eyeliner and BodyShop mocca lip and eye crayon. totalling $28.80. will buy bodyshop scrub soon. need to scrub the daki off my body.

(8) gained some weight. i tink. i hope.

(9) alfian saat, singapore's literary genius and my elective module classmate, detained and questioned by the police for "verbally assaulting"(as one reporter puts it) NMP prof wtv-her-name, albeit through email (does that even count as verbal assault?). he is an eloquent person, and an intellect, an openly open homosexual man, who never fails to make me feel small and insignificant of my textbook knowledge and incoherent contributions in class. (its not his fault.. he's just too smart he makes us feel stupid) Did i mention that he is extremely well-versed in english AND malay? but he's 29, which means that im 8 years younger than him! which gives me 8 years to try and be as eloquent and smart as him. nvm then, i'll take up mandarin and arab and be quadrolingual, if there is even such a word. but i digress. my point is, i din know why he did that thing, but he has publicly apologised. and although i have a pretty strong hold of my faith (which is clearly against homosexuality), i am totally accepting of him, as i think everyone should be of homosexuals. i totally dont understand y ppl cannot accept homosexuality. i dont think its a choice. just like bapoks, hermaphrodites, khunsas.... i really really think that they did not choose to be that way. (although, i dont quite understand bisexual ppl.. like, how can u be sexually oriented towards both genders?). anw, if u believe that everyone was put here for a reason, then there must be a reason why god put straight ppl, gay ppl, hitler, george bush and mother theresa in the same place. right?

(10) i'm like totally hooked on buffing and polishing my nails. fingernails, toenails, my dad's nails.. u name it! got the Bodyshop nail buffer at only $3.90. will buy bodyshop pumice stone to scrub daki off my feet. i want a loofa too. the spongy kind.
ps: got my mother hooked on buffing nails too. yey!

(11) trying not to get hooked on The Wicked after solving The Wicked Junior puzzles in just short of 2 hours. interested? pls see http://www.weikiat.net/wicked/ . its addictive, especially for ppl like me yang takmo mengaku kalah. dont say i din warn u.

(12) trying too force myself to stop blogging and study. been successful (at the first task at least) but.. haih.. my finger itches to let my brain speak. what to do?

ok. bye.


ps: my tagboard account was deleted because it remained dormant for too long. orbi quek lor. now all of u cannot say anything abt anything i post on my blog! wheeeeeeee!


Posted by theblackazure @ 8:42:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com