*
*
*
Monday, November 19


the weekend was spent doing pretty much every other thing except the thing which im supposed to do.. which is study. let's see.. i watched, or rather re-watched some of my favourite movies including the devil wears prada, and meet joe black on star movies and hbo; caught the season finale of the ghost whisperer on channel 5, the europe music awards 07 on MTV and this morning, the 2007 american music awards on star world. not to mention i caught the 2 jay leno shows and oprah primetime.

i put the blame solely and squarely on starhub, who introduced the entire cable tv hulabaloo into my life, thus subliminally coercing me to turn my back against the knowledge-filled books and notes of sorts. instead, the mind screams "I need to watch Xzibit pimp my ride!! and My Super Sweet 16!", not to mention the guilty pleasure of watching Kimora lee simmons drive around L.A in her convertible, wearing only her pink bikini on her show 'Kimora: Life in the Fab lane' (only on E!).

but alas, i forgive myself for watching the shows mentioned in para 1 because they are what i consider good, wholesome television. MTV's EMA was notedly and expectedly much MUCH much better than the american version, held earlier this year. for one, they didnt try to split the crowd up like they did in vegas. it was the traditional huge stage, fans screaming and singing together fiasco. i've never seen Tokio Hotel perform live, and i must say, i can understand why emo punk is in. the music was quite good actuali. but of course, the memory of Muse's AWESOME performance with the green laser lights on stage in EMA 06 still lingers...

the AMAs did NOT disappoint. in fact, it was damn gooood. LOTSA LOTSA performances, just the way i like it, featuring some of moi's favourites. off the top of my head, i remember performances by Fergie, Maroon 5, Avril Lavigne, Duran Freakin Duran, Rascal Flatts and Chris Brown. Notable performances for me were: Queen Latifah, Rihanna and Ne-yo, Mary J Blige, Alicia Keys(who ROCKED the show) and the Jonas Brothers (notable coz one of them fell on stage.. SO Malu lor!). there must be some i forgot coz there are just too many to rmb lah!

and of course, my favourite, the collabo between country duo sugarland and beyonce. u HAVE to check this out! Irreplaceable, done in country style. wahahahahahahahaha!






she sounds like chipmunks on steroids! thank god beyonce came out LAH!! but i like the way they did the "To the left, to the left", which was soooooo keeeyoooot!

overall, i way way WAY enjoyed American Music Awards better then the US MTV Awards, cept tt i prefered chris brown's performance for the MTV Awards, somehow. we all must thank Dick Clark for the AMAs. *claps*

so. yeah. that's my 2 cents worth. i guess i better get back to my little attempt to study before the bf screams at me.

oh ya, before i forget, safe newlyweds (selamat pengantin baru) to lalala's sister and thnks for the invite!


Posted by theblackazure @ 10:12:00 PM
link this post |

ABOUT ME
I eat children for breakfast, I like my boys big and thick and I looove scratching my nose. My alter ego? She's that girl your mother warned you about.


ABOUT THE BLOG
Documenting parts of my rather uneventful life with writings that ocassionally display my schizophrenic tendencies. Blame it on the Gemini starsign.


TAGBOARD

BLOG ARCHIVES


OTHER BLOGS

LINKS AND THINGS

thanks
Designed by dragonfae
Hosted by BLOGGER.com
Thanks to blogskins.com